Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to install technology files on cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudret

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to install technology files on cadence IC5141

Hi frends...

I need to install 90nm technology files for shematic and layout, how can I do that? I can get them from mosis but I dont know how to install them on cadence IC5141

I'd be happy if you help me... thanks....

Last edited:

Re: how to install technology files on cadence IC5141

Hi Kudret,

Since you have access (as you claim) and you can download from MOSIS the desired design kit you will also have access to the respective tech files for schematic and layout that you are looking for.These files exist inside the technology you download from MOSIS and this technology is usually a single tar/zip file that must be extracted and then run a shell script to install it (or update an existing version of the same foundry) to the desired location on your hard drive.

You can find the steps that you must follow for installation in a text file that should be located in the folder that contains the extracted file you downloaded from MOSIS.Good luck and if you need further assistance do not hesitate to ask again.

Hope the above are helpful to you.

Regards,
Jimito13

tahnks for your answer jimito,I tried things you say and then I'll return you :)

Last edited:

I got the file..
but how i can extracted rar files on redhat ???

If it is a tar file you can use the command tar -xvf filename . Perform a google search for more details about unzipping files under linux environment...

i searched google but couldnt find usefull info....

how i can extracted rar files on redhat ???
% gunzip filename.rar
or
% unzip filename.rar
These programs usually are in /usr/bin/ ; Try:
% which gunzip

i did it but it gived a warning like that;

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
note: 90nmdokumanlarim.rar may be a plain executable, not an archive

Apparently : The file you possess is either corrupted or piece of a multipart archive...Try to download it again from your technology provider and perform the unzip/unrar/untar procedure again.Something you miss during the whole procedure definetely.

use the following command

% rar x 90nmdokumanlarim.rar

if rar is not installed then install it

# yum install rar

i solved the problem guys, i pressed the folder with winzip not winrar in windows and extracted in linux now i must install them on cadence:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back