Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to install DC on linux 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

atuo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to install dc on linux

When I install DC on linux 9.0. I run the file-- install.now,and it tell me to
select the platform . I type the linux, but there is a error: invalid platform!
what can I do ? how to install DC(v2003.12) on linux 9.0 ? Thanks a lot!

hi, you must put 2 install file(*common*, *linux*) in same directory & unpackage them, then 'install.now'.

You can firstly install it on linux 7.2,then copy the whole thing you installed to linux 9.0.

z81203 said:
hi, you must put 2 install file(*common*, *linux*) in same directory & unpackage them, then 'install.now'.

Agree, this may because you havn't provide the common install file the linux platform specific programs. i also encounter this problem before. just unzip the linux tar file, it will create a linux subdirectory in where you install shell locate. then run the install script.

modify the ./i/n/s/t/a/l/l/.now file. The trouble is caused by UP/lowser case.

you can install this using red 9.0 but you need to comment 5 lines. Off hand I can not remember but if you post the message and the part off the file that it causes a problem I can let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.