Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install Cadence IC5.0.33 under Linux RedHat9

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to install cadence with linux

Since there are many Linux distributions and many patches for each Linux distribution, it is quite difficult to install and maintain the EDA tool in the Linux environment. Solaris is a better choice. Now Cadence began to support the EDA in the Solaris X86 OS.

how to install upgrade cadence software

got ic5141, didnt do the modifying, still installed it into fedora, still working on it, now just need a IC layout job. anyone?.

Lion
gpsfan@gmail.com

how to install cadence ic 5

IC5.033 is not supported anymore..
IC5.141 should be installed RHWS 3.0 instead of..

how to replace cadence license file on linux

does anyone have any experience in installing IC5141 in any linux variant on Acer Ferrari 4001 which does not require expert modificatrion like setting kernel or playing with glibc. I installed IC5141 on centos 4.0 on AMD64 desktop and works wery well. On Ferrari, it does not recognise my synaptic pad. any ideas?

mozilla_home netscape cadence

Hi folks,
I got the same installation error after I chose "Cadence catalog" and all packets:

sort: invalid option --2
Try 'sort -- help' for more information.
SL-1: Installation information mistmatch (bundles)
Call the Cadence Customer Response Center (CRC) 1-800-Cadence2 (1800-223-3622) to get the right files

Do you have any idea about this problem?

Thank you very much

cadence ic 5

Hi folks!

Same problem as above; I followed gitarrelieber's instructions but get stuck with the "sort: invalid option -- 2" error. I nevertheless noticed that gitarrelieber wrote about IC 5.0.33, while I am trying to install version 5.1.41 over FC5... Does anybody have a workaround to this? :cry: Thanks in advance! :D

Regards,

Jorge Luis.

install cadence 5 linux

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally made it work!!!!!!
Investigating a little I realized that the "sort" error is due to the use of an obsolete syntax for this command within the code run by the installer. To overcome this problem you could edit and recompile several files as suggested above by gitarrelieber, but I guess I've found a better, simpler way.

The procedure I followed to get the installer of IC 5.1.41 to run over Fedora Core 5 was:

0. Install "ncompress" as indicated above by gitarrelieber

1. Mount MANUALLY the CD #1 for the IC 5.1.41 USR2 part (automounting in my box would not let any user run code from the cd!):
# mkdir /media/cdrom
# mount -o exec -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom

2. Create the directory to host the IC installation (as the user cdsmgr, not as root) and run the CDROM script:
$ mkdir [the_path_you_choose]/IC
$ cd [the_path_you_choose]/IC
$ /media/cdrom/SETUP.SH
Choose the current path (.) as the target directory fot the installation

3. After copying some files, the script will complain about some problems with the tar command:
/bin/tar: -b1: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
/bin/tar: -b1: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

To overcome this, exit the script and edit the file "[the_path_you_chose]/IC//install/bin.lnx86/media_iface"
to replace every occurrence of the chain "$files -b1" with the chain "-b1 $files". You should find just two lines in which this change must to be done.

4. Set the following environmental variable (this will solve the "sort" problem! :D):
$ setenv _POSIX2_VERSION 199209

5. After steps 3 and 4, you should be able to run softload and proceed with the installation as usual, and without receiving any further errors:
$ [the_path_you_chose]/IC//install/bin.lnx86/softload -ascii

Well, strictly speaking that's all about the problem of getting the IC installers to run. There are several other steps remaining to complete the installation, but I guess those can be found elsewhere. Don't forget that in order to go through the entire installation process you will need 2 "officially sent" files:

i. The permit file including the products you are licensed (or will be licensed) to install.
ii. The actual FlexLM license file with FEATURE keys encrypted for your server

I hope that somebody finds this info useful. I believe this is the first time I post a "solution" to a problem rather than a plea for a solution, but the attitude followed by gitarrelieber was really inspiring to me. Thanks a lot gitarrelieber!! :D

install ncompress in linux

lagos.jl said:

4. Set the following environmental variable (this will solve the "sort" problem! :D):
$ setenv _POSIX2_VERSION 199209

I got the same "sed: error while loading ...: " problem.
The _POSIX2_VERSION does not work. Any new idea ?

ic5033 64 bits

I know this is not really what you need, but I would like to comment that, after a couple of years dealing with Cadence over several Linux distros, I definitely reccomend sticking to the only officially-supported ones, i.e. RH 3/4 or their free clones CentOS 3/4.

Sure, you might be able to get it running on lots of newer, fancier distros, but in the end when doing 'serious' stuff, 99 out of 100 times incompatibility issues will always arise, sooner or later, and then you, as me, might find yourself returning to the basic distros, after losing lots of valuable time.

Also, you might consider that most upstream EDA are only supported on those distros, and then the benefit of having them running on your system kind of multiplies.

Well, just and advice! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.