Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install Cadence IC5.0.33 under Linux RedHat9

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitarrelieber

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to install cadence

How to install Cadence IC5.0.33 under Linux RedHat9

This is already a topic which has been discussed for year. With no doubt, Redhat7.2 is a classic and wide spreaded Linux distribution version, therefore it is compatible with most eda software. However Redhat7.2 is too old and it can not support the newest hardware, for example, USB 2.0. What's more on my computer(KT266A, Athlon XP 2400+), Redhat7.2 even can not be installed, the installation always stops right before the system begins to copy the files. Quite unforturnatly, RedHat 8.0 either won't be installed on my computer.
I spent almost a week to figure out whether it is possible to install the cadence IC5033 in RH9. Finally I find the solution and now this software runs quite well. Because it is a quite time-consuming job to get IC5033 work in RH9, I would like to share my experience with you.

1. Check whether the software package "ncompress" is installed by type in rpm -q -l ncompress, because the commando uncompress(origionally from Unix, and because of the license problem it is gradually replace by gzip/gunzip/zcat in the Linux distributions) is required by softload during the installation process. If the answer is no, install the "ncompress-4.2.4-33.i386.rpm" package from the RH9 installation CDROM2.
2. After the ncompress package is installed into the RH9, we can begin with the installation of IC5033. Run ./SETUP.SH in the IC5033 installation CDROM1. First,choose the installation directory for cadence software. This directory will be assumed as <install_dir> in the following steps. Cancel the suggestion to run softload.
3. Get into the directory <install_dir>/install/bin.lnx86, from where the ./softload can be invoked. Open the the c source code file io_fltr.c, go to line 68.
Change the string "/bin/zcat" to "/usr/bin/uncompress -c"; Add a new line of "#define lnx86" above the line 54 (line 54 is "#ifdef nec_ews"); Add a new line of
"#include <errno.h>" above line 33 (line 33 is "#include <signal.h>"). Save this file. And compile it with "gcc -o io_fltr io_fltr.c".
4. Locate and open the c source code file of "process_file.c". Editing line 511, by changing it from "#define PROD_NOS 1280" to "#define PROD_NOS 10000". Save
this file and compile it with "gcc -o process_file process_file.c"
5. Locate and open the file "vld". Locate line 424 and 425, which looks like "sort -u +2 -3 $allbundles | sort -n > $sortallbundles" and "sort -u +2 -3 $bundles
| sort -n > $sortbundles". Delete the string "+2 -3" so that the new lines look like "sort -u $allbundles | sort -n > $sortallbundles" and "sort -u $bundles |
sort -n > $sortbundles". Save this file.
6. Run ./softload and choose "Load available products" in the first menu.Then the program will prompt you give the location of installation CD.
7. By the menu "Where is the installation information?", select the fourth option "Cadence catalog". Decide which products you would like to install. Install
plese only the products, for which you have or will have licenses. If your CDROMs are not corrupted, you'll get the products installed(I have tried many times on
my own computer, it works quite well).
8. Configure the licenses. Go into the directory of "<install_dir>/share/license". Run ./configure and do whatever is asked you to do.
9. Configure user terminal preference. As an example for bash, the preference
file which located at ./.bashrc should look like:
CDS_ROOT=/usr/eda/cadence/IC5033.Base
CDS_INST_DIR=/usr/eda/cadence/IC5033.Base
CDS_INSTALL_DIR=/usr/eda/cadence/IC5033.Base/tools/dfII/
export CDS_LIC_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.EQUALIZER
export PATH=$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INSTALL_DIR/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin:$PATH
export CDS_Netlisting_Node Analog
10. Configure Bind key. Copy all the file in directory
<install_dir>/tools/dfII/sample/local to <install_dir>/tools/dfII/local, and
rename the cdsinit to .cdsinit
11. start cadence by typing icfb& in the bash terminal.
Good luck!

install cadence linux

I think you 'd better use RH7.2!

how to install cadence in linux

After Cadence IC5.0.33 is installed under RedHat9, the file manager can not start properly due to the bug of RH9. This problem will be solved by updating glibc.
1. download the update package from web, the required the packages are,
glibc-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm
glibc-common-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm
glibc-debug-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm
glibc-devel-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm
glibc-profile-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm
glibc-utils-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm
nscd-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm
2. rpm -Uvh glibc*
rpm -Uvh nscd-2.3.2-27.9.7.i386.rpm

how to install cadence ic5033 under fedora

you can get lib files from RH7.2,then you can run it.

setenv _posix2_version 199209

I installed it under RH7.2, and upgrade the system to 9.0. It still work.

installing cadence on linux

The Browse function cannot work. (stream in, out, and open)

Etch time when I use CIW -> File -> open -> Library Name -> Cell Names (right side), but cell name cannot appear in the right field.

Does any export can help?

cadence software install utility

you can install it in rh7.2 firstly.Then copy the whole installed dir to rh9.0..

how to install local cadence

Forget about RH. Suse 9.0 is superb.... so is Mandrake 9.0 or 9.2

I got it to work on All of the above, in addition to fedora (only that I needed the older kernel trick LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

setenv:_posix2_version 199209

When I click Help in IC5, but the error meaasge pop up

THe web browser can't be started. On Unix, make sure that your PATH environment variable includes the path to Netscape.

There is no Netscape in redhat.

Can I use default web browser to look IC5 menu?

How to set the environment variable?

cadence requirements linux packages

IC 5.033 base version has many bugs ( as usual in Cadence ) and therefore SP's and some Hot Fixes must be installed.
I have installed approx 6 SP to get it more stable and avery SP has 2 CD !! 8O

But now, it's not so bad.. :)

The most difficult thing is the configuration and there are many tricks to correct the bugs... :!:

But I can say that it's faster than 4.4.6.100.91 especially PSS and SPSS analysis...

One strange thing as an example to imagine the BUGS in Cadence...
When you do a S-parameter simulation and look at the results on Impedance Smith Chart, the marker cursor DOES NOT show "Real Impedance" , instead of that, shows "Normalized Impedance"...

:roll:

It's even so simlpe but they have marked as " Known problems and solutions"... But added" ...in next releases, it will be solved.."

I have given this simple example to demonstrate the "situation" , you might imagine the rest...

Cadence is a real trouble !!!! But no more choise !!

install cadence manager

colombo2 said:
I got it to work on All of the above, in addition to fedora (only that I needed the older kernel trick LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

It is the official solution from Cadence when running IC5033 on RHEL3 and I've tried it on FC1. It's working!

how to install cadence on linux

mrtsaia said:
When I click Help in IC5, but the error meaasge pop up

THe web browser can't be started. On Unix, make sure that your PATH environment variable includes the path to Netscape.

There is no Netscape in redhat.

Can I use default web browser to look IC5 menu?

How to set the environment variable?

You can create link:
ln -s /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/bin/netscape
After it add line to your .cshrc file:
setenv MOZILLA_HOME /usr/bin/netscape

But I suggest to download and install netscape version 4.8
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/sites/updates.redhat.com/7.2/en/os/i386/netscape-common-4.8-1.i386.rpm
or
ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communic...mmunicator-v48-us.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz
and write correct path to .cshrc.
I don't suggest to install new versions of netscape - may be problems whithin java plugins.

cadence eda tools for linux download

mrtsaia said:
The Browse function cannot work. (stream in, out, and open)

Etch time when I use CIW -> File -> open -> Library Name -> Cell Names (right side), but cell name cannot appear in the right field.

Does any export can help?

go through the .cdsinit or other files start with .

I remember there some line in one file will specify the windows position for layout window, schematics window. I can't remember exactly, just try to find it and modify the cordniate to a small one.

how to install licence in cadence software

I will install ic50 in linux redhat9.
I will folow your step.

at first , i have try to find redhat7.3, but it is diffcult.
It is a good method .

how to intall cadence

I did exactly as you said and the IC5 is being installed, the only problem seems to e the speed in which it is installing, does this have to do with ncompress as Iamm prety sure it should install much faster than this. When I installed ncompress I didnt reboot so it could be that.

Any word on the compatability with RHEL 3 i.e the WS version, some of you may or may not know that there is a QUAD Opteron Workstation coming sometime in the 3rd quarter and it will be interesting running RHEL 3 AS or even the 64-bit version with the new Cadence IC 5 fro RHEL 3. Performance should be impresive assuming the simulator makes use of all four CPUS!!!

install cadence ic5.1 on redhat9

I have install the ic50 on redhat 9 flow the step, and icfb starts up ok.
but there are error, which show that the binary code is error or h-error.
And when i add instance on the schematic editing, I cannt do it. this is to say, I cannt add instance.
but I can simulate the example.
BTW, the cpu is amd 2500+

who can tell me how to solve it?

installing cadence linux

Can I install tools on Suse 10 rather than Red Hat ?? If yes, so please tell me what should be changed in the above steps?

ic5141 centos 4.8

There're so many instructions on this forum about installing Cadence IC5033 on different distros. Which one should I follow if I want to install it on Red Hat EL AS4?

linux ic5.10

Would anyone know of how to solve this error when I am running "./softload" and when I am trying to install cadence, I get the following:

sort: invalid option --2
Try 'sort -- help' for more information.
SL-1: Installation information mistmatch (bundles)
Call the Cadence Customer Response Center (CRC) 1-800-Cadence2 (1800-223-3622) to get the right files

setup cadence on the linux

Tried to install it under Fedora Core 5.
Unfortunately, I get exactly the same error message...

It is running under Redhat 7.2 now... but not all my hardware is supported...

Am trying to copy it to FC5 now, but i'm having some troubles with C/C++ libraries.

Please let me know if you find a solution !

Best Regards,
idfx

Status
Not open for further replies.