Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to insert partial scan in Synopsys DFT Compiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitseddyboy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a flow available to do partial scan insertion using Synopsys DFT Compiler?

I want to select only a few flip-flops in my design based on controllability and/or observability analysis to include it in scan chain. Is there a way to do it. The real question is to identify the flops which needs to be scanned so that fault coverage increases.

My search for this in Solvenet was not successful since I did not come across much information on partial scan insertion.

Could you please help me out.
Thanks in advance

I think you can set all the DFFs you do not want to add to scan chain as dont_scan

but the problem is i dont know which all flops i need not scan. i want the tool to find it out using some analysis. is there an option?

First you can try to find with modules should be scanned or not.

Give the list of DFFs should not be scanned such as clock generation, mode select, ...

I do not think the tools can analysis all DFFs which should be scanned or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back