Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to insert delay in digital signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasctasc

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a circuit in a 90nm CMOS process and I need the ability to vary the delay of a digital signal. The tapeout is in a few days and I'm also very pad limited so I was wondering if there is a way to do this off-chip? Do signal generators typically allow a delay to be inserted in signals?
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Kind regards,
Tas

Hi FvM,

Sorry for omitting that information. Frequency is ~100 MHz and delay steps are at least 100 ps, preferably 50ps.

Thanks.

You can achieve a delay by using a buffer, where delay is controlled by a grounded capacitor implemented between stages. On the other hand, you can use more capacitance in order to increase delay. It could be on or off chip, but remember than you have more control if it is integrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.