Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to input data to the FPGA by entering number in hyper terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew_wan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone!

I am a university student and i am doing a project about implementing a simple calculator by FPGA.

Actually, I construct the circuit of my calculator by Matlab System generator, with the help of EDK processor tool, I export the design to the XPS as a project.

I can display the result after computation on the hyper terminal window by setting the two input numbers in the C-program.

Now, i want to modify my project that the two input numbers are input by the user through typing the number by PC keyboard and display on the hyper terminal, then my circuit will help me to compute the result.

Can anyone teach me how can I do this?

I am now using : Spartan 6 board, with one UART port and one program usb connect to PC.

Thanks!

you need a level translator max232 IC... check if you have this IC on the board... connect the serial cable to your kit and PC and set the parameters on the terminal as 9600 baud rate, 8 data bit, 1 stop bit and no parity and hardware control as none..wrtie a small program to receive data from serial port and store it in 2 variables and do the required operation..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back