Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

?how to input custom lines to Eagle as radiation line

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOKLT

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, this is the first time to edit post here.

Now I am going to draw a radiation line as a custom PCB coil. The radiation lines graph looks as a shine sun. It generates current from a rotation magnet under PCB. The current is amplified by many end to end radiation lines.

I found some idea from forum. BMP2EAGLE, impossible. No ulp as this.

How to draw a kind of custom radiation line in Eagle? Is it possible from AutoCAD?

Thanks for your attention:D

Have you an example image or link of what you are trying to draw?

Keith

See example in attachment. It has many cycles but I only draw 3 cycles.

I don't know of anything that will automate the drawing of that. If you could describe it mathematically then in theory you could create a ULP for Eagle to draw it.

Keith.

It looks it is hard to achieve....
how to create a specified ULP file for Eagle? In ULP how to edit a kind of maths characteristics?

I have never used the ULP, but it is supposed to be easy! It is like C. The documentation seems poor, but there are plenty of example. I had a quick go based on what I found here **broken link removed** and managed to create the following:

output("testKR.scr")
{
printf("wire 'GND' 0.2 (0 0) (0 10)");
}

Which creates a script file testKR.scr. When I ran that it created a wire called GND which is 0.2 wide from 0,0 to 0,10. It is actually 0.2" wide - I guess I should have changed the units first!

The script file simply contains

wire 'GND' 0.2 (0 0) (0 10)

So, I guess you don't need the ULP - just create a script file. It is simply a text file with commands which are exactly as you would type them in on Eagle.

So, in your case, you need to create a lot of "wire" commands and probably "arc" commands with varying co-ordinates. You could use the ULP or do it in Visual Basic or whatever you are comfortable with. It would probably not be too difficult to create it in Excel and import it as a space delimited text file.

Keith.

By the way, I don't know if it will help but there is a ULP called "import-bmp". If you have your pattern as a BMP then you could import it in to Eagle.

Keith.

Added after 2 minutes:

And there is one for DXF as well.

Keith.

Thanks for your help :0)
The BMP ulp is only for painting. For connection, impossible.
I will try ulp edit a little bit even it is hard.
I think Protel is a better choose for this kind of application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back