Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to initialize the memory locations to "00" during reset condition ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

balan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
how to initialise the memory locations to "00" during reset condition

for example,
if i have four memory locations, how to set the locations to zero during the reset condition

if(rst)
temp_reg[? dont know how to specify the address] <= n'b00;
else
some condition using the temp_reg.

i am generating memory location through counter.

Thank you,

memories

how are you implementing the memory ?

Normally they store data, which need not be initialized to anything as design should ensure that valid data is written to it before being read out.

If you are using the memory for lookup like a CAM, then yes you do need to initialize it to some safe value, but in that case you'll be using either flop based ram or some special custom block anyway..

memories

Depends on the famaly you are using ie Altera, Xilinx, and if you are using actual memory blocks, if you are using memory block you can use init file what can be loaded in to the memory block after FPGA boot up

Re: memories

hi guys,
thank you for your reply. I have implemented it without any read or write pulse. when the address is generated from counter it will store the data accordingly.

for example if counter is "10" it will update the data, again when the counter resets and count "10" it will update the data.

this is how i have implemented the memory.

thank you,

Re: memories

A memory that is initialized during the reset is not a memory but a register...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back