Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to initialize sdcard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musfiq

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friends,

i have some problems with sdcard initialization phase.

what is the actual (working) command-reponse sequence to get the sdcard through 'card identification phase' into 'data transfer phase' ?

another...after issueing a read/write command, what is the command-response sequece to get the sdcard ready for next block of data (i am confused with the state transitions after read/write command)?

( i am not using any sdcard controller, i have just created a s/w controller layer for that )
( i am following 'sandisk sdcard product manual v 1.9' )

thank u very much

let me be specific

when i give CMD55, my sdcard responses successfully showing the card status which indicates the next it expects Application specific command.

next when i give ACMD41 with the operation voltage range of 1.6 - 3.3, the card stops responding anything.

(my board is using Vdd +3.3v and Vss grounded for the card)

i can't find anyway out of just this problem

please help me as soon as possible

which mode you want to initialize SPI or SD

the different mode need different command

i am working with SD mode
i have successfully took the card to data TRAN state
thank u very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor