Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to initialize LCD module in Proteus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senthilkumar

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai,

iam intialise the proteous lcd model ampire128x64.interface with atmega103.

its working ok.

clear the lcd ok.

write the pixel ok
clear the pixel ok

but if iam reading the lcd for particular position value of pixel and write the pixel to that particular position.

its doent work.

is it truly support read oppration in lcd???

help pls

anybody working on that

ampire 128x64

hi,

could you please pm me the your circuit so i can see what happened wrong or post here for proteus team so he can also see the problem

but i ahve used this lcd with no problem may be you define the wrong
adress better to consult with data sheet or psot here so we can see it

regards
Fragrance

ks0108 proteus bascom

senthilkumar,

You may use the "chess" sample given by proteus in SAMPLES directory, using the section of the file ioavr.c for item referred to LCD management, although this sample is a bit poor and doesn't allows directly for pixel operations, except for sprites (however you could derive from it how write pixels).

However, a long time ago, when elektroda still had the famous "blue screen" (sigh... :cry: ) I posted a library for 8051 cores and graphics LCDs. Such of library was very handy and allowed for full management, included pixel management, square, lines and differents fonts.

As I wrote this library in C, though for 8051 and for keil compiler, I'm positive that you shouldn't have so many troubles to adapt it for ATMEGA103 and other compiler, for instance IAR.

I'm very glad to post it again, especially if this will help you a bit....and if you will get some remarkeable results, why not let us know. :wink:

All the best.

ampire128x64 datasheet

hai james,

actualy i try to write the routine to read the lcd.the routine have no problem.the lcd model have some problem.that y iam asking.now iam clear(ie the proteus model have some problem.
ok
anyway thanks

proteus ks0108 model problem

Sorry, I didn't understande your question before.

May this warning advise from Labcenter be of some help to you:

The operation of the screen peek and screen copy commands is very badly documented; we have tested some 3rd party code that uses screen peek, but we cannot be certain about the exact behaviour of these commands in more obscure situations (e.g. text attribute mode).

The screen copy feature is supported and works in the model; my routines above used it. Honestly I never used screen peek feature because they are usually not required if not in some application, i.e. collisions routines etc. etc.

You will find others limitation in DISPLAY.HLP in HLP proteus dir.

Cheers

james

datasheet ampire128x64

Thanks James for your library. Very useful for T6963 base LCD displays.

But i agree with senthilkumar.... there is currently a 'read' problem in Proteus 6 with KS0108 based LCD display like Ampire 128x64.

No data flows out from this display, no pixel management... only byte write works.

T6963 and KS108 / HD6102 are very different chips.

Regards

modelsdısplay.lml

The support for KS0108 has been added in LCDPIXEL.DLL since version 6.0 SP4. So it's relatively new and maybe some bug or limitation may still exist about display peek feature and however it's just what in DISPLAY.HLP has been said. I never tried to peek pixel state from Graphic LCD so, perhaps a short routine may helps to understande where the problem is, though senthilkumar seems to be resonable sure that his routine works nice.

I have extracted from DISPLAY.LML (job that everyone can do) the LISA model of KS0108B. If I find something useful I will report here.

LISA MODEL DESCRIPTION FORMAT 6.0
=================================
Design: K:\PRODEV\LIBS\DISPLAY\KS0108B.DSN
Doc. no.: <NONE>
Revision: <NONE>
Author: <NONE>
Created: 16/09/02
Modified: 28/01/03

*PROPERTIES,0

*MODELDEFS,0

*PARTLIST,2
U1,KS0108B,KS0108,ADC=<ADC1>,BMPXOFF=0,BMPYOFF=0,CLOCK=<CLOCK>,CONTRHEIGHT=64,CONTRWIDTH=64,CTRLID=0x100,
HEIGHT=64,INITRAM=<INITRAM>,INVERT=<INVERT>,MODDLL=LCDPIXEL.DLL,PRIMITIVE=DIGITAL,RAMSIZE=512,TRACE=<TRACE>,
WIDTH=128
U2,KS0108B,KS0108,ADC=<ADC2>,BMPXOFF=64,BMPYOFF=0,CLOCK=<CLOCK>,CONTRHEIGHT=64,CONTRWIDTH=64,CTRLID=0x101,
HEIGHT=64,INITRAM=<INITRAM>,INVERT=<INVERT>,MODDLL=LCDPIXEL.DLL,PRIMITIVE=DIGITAL,RAMSIZE=512,TRACE=<TRACE>,
WIDTH=128

*NETLIST,20
#00000,1
U1,IP,CS2

#00001,1
U2,IP,CS1

$CS1$,3
$CS1$,IT
CS1,IT
U1,IP,CS1

-VOUT,3
-VOUT,GT
U2,PP,-Vout
U1,PP,-Vout

$RST$,3
$RST$,IT
U2,IP,$RST$
U1,IP,$RST$

DB7,3
DB7,GT
U2,IO,DB7
U1,IO,DB7

DB6,3
DB6,GT
U2,IO,DB6
U1,IO,DB6

DB5,3
DB5,GT
U2,IO,DB5
U1,IO,DB5

DB4,3
DB4,GT
U2,IO,DB4
U1,IO,DB4

DB3,3
DB3,GT
U2,IO,DB3
U1,IO,DB3

DB2,3
DB2,GT
U2,IO,DB2
U1,IO,DB2

DB1,3
DB1,GT
U2,IO,DB1
U1,IO,DB1

DB0,3
DB0,GT
U2,IO,DB0
U1,IO,DB0

E,3
E,IT
U2,IP,E
U1,IP,E

R/W,3
R/W,IT
U2,IP,R/W
U1,IP,R/W

DI,4
DI,IT
RS,IT
U2,IP,RS
U1,IP,RS

V0,3
V0,GT
U2,PP,V0
U1,PP,V0

VCC,3
VCC,GT
U2,PP,VCC
U1,PP,VCC

GND,3
GND,GT
U2,PP,GND
U1,PP,GND

$CS2$,3
$CS2$,IT
CS2,IT
U2,IP,CS2

*GATES,0

bascom avr problem lcd

Yes,
I too face the same problem that LCD model AMPIRE 128x64 does not output the correct data onto its pins eventhough the simulation log says that the LCD has put the correct RAM content on the Port pins.But it always puts 0xff on to the port pins.I have already posted a topic at labcenters forum & contacted the labcenter support to solve the problem.I hope they will solve it right away.

Thanks

proton

Re: ampire128x64

Hy,

I will try same but i like that proteus not support this function.

Thanks....:
:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back