Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase the transmission power in RF Amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF AMplifier

Hi everybody,

If i want to extend my Transmission, What should i do ? where should i connect to increase the transmission power ? How to calculate the distance ? Is there any book can explained this matter in detail ?

Thanks

Re: RF AMplifier

It all depends upon the frequency and several other things. At higher frequencies it is easier for people not too skilled in circuit design to improve their range with higher gain antennas that are at a larger distance from the surface of the earth.

It takes about 20 dB of combined receiver and transmitter gain improvement to double the range if it is over the visual horizon.

Thanks flatulent for your idea. Did you know any book with a good explaination about RF ?

In order to improve the transmission of your system you need to either

1) Increase your transmit power so that the signal will be detectable at a further distance

or

2) improve your receiver noise floor so that it can detect weaker signals

This is covered in any microwave systems book (Pozar has an overview in the final chapter of Microwave Engineering

jl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back