Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase the range of Cordic processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

amehtaac

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I read that adding two '0' iterations can increase the range of Cordic from 45 to 180 degrees. Can anyone tell me what these '0' iteration means?
Does that mean instead of 45 as the initial angle, we will now consider 180 to be the initial angle.

Telling where you read this can help to get answers. Isn't standard Cordic range larger than 45°, e.g. +/- 90°?

"FPGA Implementation of a Novel Type DDS Based on CORDIC Algorithm, J.-M. Huang, Z. Chen, H. Guo, and K. Han". This is where I read.

I believe that by two 0-iterations assumed bringing any angle from 0-360deg into 0-90deg sector, based on sine syandard simmetry properties:
sine(-x)=-sine(x) and
sine(90-x)=sine(x).
So using two steps one can converf any angle into 0-90deg sector and then proceed with CORDIC iterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back