Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase the bandwidth in patch antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badseeds

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
patch antenna

Hi,
I have to make a patch antenna with 13% of bandwidth and with a air substrate. How can I increase the bandwidth ?

Re: patch antenna

Which central frequency?

You can increase the substrate thickness... But from a point further there's a chance to excite surface waves and deteriorate the radiation efficiency...

Try to run some parametric simulations till you get the 13% bandwidth (assuming that its feasible with respect to the center freq), having in mind not to spoil the radiation characteristics...

hope this helps :)
mogwai.

one way is to increase the height of subrate,another way is to use the array patch antenna

fix antenna

Try to use a stacked structure , one fix above another , you have feed a lower one only. This way will increase assembling complexity but have a lot of merrits,

take the Other way decrease the height. less then L/4 the impedance will change Match it and you get more band more gain

PL

Dear badseed

I have an antenna with 40% bandwidth using air substrate. The shape of the antenna is an E-shape and the air thickness is 14mm. The total dimension of the patch is 105mm by 45mm

If ull interested i can give u the paper.

I am designing my self an antenna with 13% without air sub, if someone has a papers that can be useful to me i ll be very happy

regards

the range freq of the antenna badsedd is 1.9 GHz to 2.6 GHz

Dear bguk80,
I'm very interested by your antenna. If you give me the paper, please...
My central frequency is 816MHz.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back