Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to include s2p file in hspice netlist/simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhma

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tstonefile

Hi all,

These are my questions:

-how to include .s2p file into the hspice netlist.
-is there any syntax so the simulator can display the content of .s2p file in hspice simulation.

I'm new to this hspice & rf stuff. So, i really appreciate if anyone does know how to solve my problem. Thanks

s2p hspice

S-parameter data is frequency domain whereas HSpice is a time domain simulator. It is not easy to use S2P files in an HSpice simulation.

Most techniques to workaround this are based on deriving a lumped equivalent circuit, often RLC networks, that give the same frequency domain simulation and then use that same circuit topology in HSpice. There is an extractor built-in to HSpice to do this. Check the .LIN command.

mhma

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hspice include

Hi RealAEL,

Nice advice. It does help me solve this problem. Here's the syntax on how to include .s2p file in the hspice netlist.

S MODEL

.option list node post ingold=2
.lin sparcalc=1 noisecalc=0 dataformat=ri
.ac lin np fstart fstop

P1 p1 gnd port=1 z0=50 ac=1
P2 p2 gnd port=2 z0=50 ac=1

S1 P1 gnd P2 gnd mname=<modelname>
.model <modelname> S TSTONEFILE=<filename>.s2p

.print s11(r) s11(i) s21(r) s21(i) s12(r) s12(i) s22(r) s22(i)
.END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back