Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to improve the PSRR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flysnows

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is psrr peak frequency?

I have design a current reference, but it has poor PSRR .
Can anyone give me some advice on improving the PSRR.
thaks a lot.

Increase the impedance between the supply node and the output node; you can do this using cascode mirrors or pseudo-power supply.

in this link you will find a book about voltage references; go to chapter 4.3

flysnows:
what kind of current source did you make?

for cmos, big L can help you.

big impedance between supply node to output node can increase low frequency PSRR, for high frequency PSRR Peak you should add some decouple capacitor to decrease the load impedance seen to ground at that frequency.

hi
if you design with mosfet you can place a large capacitor between gate and source of some mosfet and it increase PSRR. see Martin book.

hr_rezaee said:
hi
if you design with mosfet you can place a large capacitor between gate and source of some mosfet and it increase PSRR. see Martin book.

That is only for PMOS output stage.
When use NMOS output stage, nothing helps.

best configuration

qslazio said:
That is only for PMOS output stage.
When use NMOS output stage, nothing helps.
it depends that you want to improve PSRR+ or PSRR-.

you can refer this paper:
an improved bandgap reference with high power supply rejection.(2002.ieee)

If i am expecting input signal at speed of 10 samples per second...should I look PSR at 10 Hz or at DC ??
Also for the folded cascode opamp with class AB stage i am getting a Power Supply rejection of -40 dB at DC which falls to -10 dB at 10Hz and eventually settles at flat responce of 0 dB after 1KHz ..?

how do i interpret it ? is it good, bad ? how do i improve it if I am already using cascode output stage ( giving high resistance betn +ve Vdd and output node )

Status
Not open for further replies.