Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve return loss of microstrip patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

winsonwhy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to improve return loss

Hi,

I have build a model in CST MWS, and when solve it by transient time solver the s11 plot that i get not good that is the return loss is around 10dB only, so anybody can help by giving some suggestions on which dimension that i should modify so that i can get a return loss of around 30dB?

The structure of the antenna is a bit different, it is modify from an IEEE antenna. The rectangular substrate(RT duroid 5880) is printed with a small & thin metal strip on one of substrate edge and a patch that same size with the substrate is printed below the substarte, this printed substrate will suspended on the air by 2mm probe(coaxial feed), below the patch it is a ground plane which is separated by some air distance and the coaxial feed will connect to source and punch though the ground plane then reach(solder) the strip that printed above the substrate.

Thanks

i dont know if your patch is rectangular or not.if it is close to being a rectangular patch.work with the width of the patch and u will be able to get a good return loss.

hope it helps .or else post your desing online so that i can lookinto it and let u know about any suggestions.

regards
sajid mohammed.

Hi,

follow:

and

I hope, that I helped you

Try changing the position of the coaxial feed. It really works. I have tested this a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back