Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve PSRR of a BGR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsai_chin_wei

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a BGR and PSRR simulations confuse me.

I simulate PSRR+ by adding a dc source(amplitude=5V) and a ac source(amplitude=5V) at VDD and then PSRR+ is about -70dB.

Similarly, I simulate PSRR- by adding a dc source(amplitude=0V) and a ac source(amplitude=5V) at VSS and then PSRR- is about 0dB.

spice commands:

VDD VDD gnd DC=5 AC=1

VSS VSS gnd DC=0

.............for PSRR+ simulation

VDD VDD gnd DC=5

VSS VSS gnd DC=0 AC=1

.............for PSRR- simulation

So, I don't know if the simulations are right. If the simulations are all right, how to

improve PSRR- of the BGR?

BGR PSRR simulations

You sim is correct. The only way to improve PSRR- is to use a differential output BGR.

Re: BGR PSRR simulations

ebalboni said:
You sim is correct. The only way to improve PSRR- is to use a differential output BGR.

may you give more information of "differential output BGR" thanks!

Re: BGR PSRR simulations

Second way to improve PSRR is to use bandgap voltage reference with amplifier.

BGR PSRR simulations

I think PSRR- = 0dB is OK, because you are designing a reference voltage related to ground. That means the reference will follow ground voltage if PSRR-=0dB. If you really want to increase it, you must design the reference voltage related to another voltage potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back