Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve microcontrollers performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhashemi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all;
do you know how we can improve different microcontrollers performance? i mean there are some methods like pipe lining that help a microcontroller work better than the others kind.

Thank you in advance
:D

I think improving the performance is something which you can find out with your requirement.

Like if you want your UC perform more faster use higher clk 20-40Mhz.

Use the logic that it will execute with less amount of time to execute. Assembly language is always best for fast execution.

Pipe line is something internal in all the microcontroller which is RISC based process.
There 3 level of execution is going on
Fetch, Decode & Execute.

Regards
Chanchal

as per my understand about your problem you cannot improve uc performance like pipeline but you can switch to assembly language for fast execute but for this you have to conform that the uc can operate or not on your required frequency.

And Pipeline is different things it may be 3/4/5 stage pipeline and it is in built feather of uc like ARM from philps

well, there r basically two ways to improve the working:
1) Improve the internal architecture of a processor which is fixed once the chip si manufactured.
2) Increase the clock or operating frequency of the processor. Again power dissipation will increase as a function of frequency.........So it is up to us to decide......

Status
Not open for further replies.