Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve LNA gain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somulu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all,I have designed a Single ended LNA for 5.2GHz with Fmin of 2.3dB.But at the output i am getting only 4dB gain that is S21 value.Please tell me the procedure how to improve it to get 17dB.

Thanks.

Re: LNA gain improvement

you can use some MMIC, say Hittite component, to easily get NF<2.3dB and Gain>17dB. say HMC753LP4E

But i have to use only CMOS transistor and i don't have chance to use any other design components.

then you can use two-stages for achieve 17dB gain, the 1st stage should have less NF and gain about 8~10dB, and 2nd stage should have more gain and higher NF.

It is not possible to get 17dB with single ended.As i am very much new to analog design so i am facing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.