Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve current mirror error (Iin & Iout) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiachang

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current mirror error

i used cascode current mirror to generate around 238nA constant current for cap. charging.
But i always got Iout= 233nA to 242nA varation during charging period.
How can i keep the Iout constant?

Thanks

what is current mirrors-errors

Hi jiachang ,
It is very good to use to have cascode mirror for this precise replication .even though it is a feeble difference due to diff in VDS between actual and mirrored (or finite op impedance ) it may be noteworthy in some cases. I think cascode with more stacks(>2) can multiply the op. resistance thereby bringing down the difference

p.s :If supply voltage is a constraint .WIDE SWING CASCODE will help u .

Added after 4 minutes:

Jiachang ,
You can use longer L(also W by same factor) but maintaining the same W/L ratio so that op resistance is increased .

current mirrors-errors

you can refer this paper -----"DESIGN AND OPTIMIZATION OF A HIGH PSRR CMOS BANDGAP VOLTAGE REFERENCE".

Try.

what is a current mirror-error

jichang u can vary w/l ratio first and see it.one important suggestion is use active loads.since ur loking for a current of such a low value i would suggest active loads..did u use diff amplifier at the input?if u have not done so do it and try it.u might get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.