Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import third party netlist to Allegro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushpamone

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,i want to import third party netlist to allegro can anybody help

importing netlist

1. Go to file menu -> import -> logic

2. Dialog box appeare from the dialog box pick the other tab.

3. Select your netlist file using browse option button.

4. Click import button.

5. The net list will import sucessfully. If netlist have any problem the log file open automtically.

Re: importing netlist

ya i have done it but after importing nothing is displayed and in command window this is displayed

Starting 3rd party (netin) Logic Import...
netin completed successfully - use Viewlog to review the log file.
Opening existing drawing...
netin completed successfully - use Viewlog to review the log file.
Command >

hi
here attaching one simple netlist. Here i managed to load it successfully to allegro. Schematic tool - Allegro Design entry Cis ( some times called as Capture CIS)
Footprint name : R0805

16_1284519755.jpg
26_1284519755.jpg

Attachments

• netlist.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 145

Hi

NIKHILRAJ,

I am using Allegro15.2V after importing the thrd pary netlist, I would like to place the component's in auto placemnet mode,I tried as per given document procedure but I can,t able to place the parts. still am using manual mode only.
can you help me please.

Check Board outline, Placement keepout...

Hi george1,
Yes, I already placed the board outline, placement keepin & placement grid on top side.

i m using altium . so from altium i hav expoted Orcad/PCB2 netlist from schematic. i changed the netlist as per allegro package. but couldnt load the netlist. what should i do?

i m using altium . so from altium i hav expoted Orcad/PCB2 netlist from schematic. i changed the netlist as per allegro package. but couldnt load the netlist. what should i do?

Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know the solution? Now i came up with the same situation, i got the netlist from Altium tool and have to import that in Allegro. please let me know the procedures.

Thanks,
Nitan

hi nitan . i found the solution. from altium save ur sch as .opj. there is an option in altium to save it as in Cadence Capture format. now u hav sch in Capture CIS format, transfer this to allegro PCB editor. this is what i did & i succeded.

hi nitan . i found the solution. from altium save ur sch as .opj. there is an option in altium to save it as in Cadence Capture format. now u hav sch in Capture CIS format, transfer this to allegro PCB editor. this is what i did & i succeded.

Hi Scriptx007

Thanks for your solution and i did that way.

Thanks,
Nitan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back