Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import data for VHDL testbench for 1024 point FFT in Xilinx Ise 9.1i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhawalkadao

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am implementing a 1024 point FFT using Xilinx ise 9.1i. Is there a way I can import the data for test bench automatically, using Matlab or any other text file.

Regards,
Dhawal

Xilinx Ise 9.1i

Which language is your test bench? Most languages provide file I/O function for reading and writing data files during simulation. For instance, Verilog provides $fopen, $fgetc, $fread, $fscanf, $fclose, and others that are similar to C functions.

Re: Xilinx Ise 9.1i

Thanks for the reply. The test bench is using VHDL. I am using VHDL to implement my design.

Regards,
Dhawal

Hi !!!
You should look into Edit-> Language template
VHDL-> Simulation construct-> assertions & functions -> file I/O -> read:write to a file

Here are listed all the functions that you need....

Good luck

Thank you very much I will try that out. Is there a document which has information related to this.

Regards,
Dhawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back