Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import Cadence / Mentor footprints/symbols into Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to create Altera Arria II GX 780pin footprint and schematic symbols for Altium Designer. I have found the below Mentor and Cadence libraries but I'm unable to import with Altium Designer (Summer 09). I'm using the Import Wizard but none of the files can be recognized.

Any help is appreciated since i would not like to create libraries for the 780 pin package from scratch!

Thanks!

Cadence Capture CIS and Allegro PCB Symbols and Footprints
https://www.altera.com/download/board-layout-test/pcb/pcb-mentor-graphics.jsp

I don't think you can directly import into Altium. Use CAMCAD to import Cadence/Mentor file and export to Altium format

why dont you create for yourself. it is really easy. you can use ipc footprint wizard.

regards.

you can search in Altium's default library for Altera you might get it there.

Problem solved: I successfully imported the EP2AGX45.olb cadence schematic symbols I downloaded from Altera's site. The trick was to 'open' the cadence schematic symbol via ADs File/Open menu. This spawned the import wizard. I then generated the footprint using the IPC Wizard.

For some reason, ADs Import Wizard would not read the EP2AGX45.olb file when spawned via the File/Import Wizard menu. Go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back