Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to import a *.dxf into momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzriver

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I import a dxf into momentum, there is an error saying that the shape of layout can't be recognized. What I did is:
1. File-->import-->DXF (hierarchical)
2. select a dxf file

Is this error from that my dxf file isn't hierarchical? what can I do to import a layout from the dxf and simulate it?

Thanks.

Pay attention: momentum doesnt recognize line as contour of your design. It should be a polyline and not just a line. I mean: if you have a metalization you design just like a line convert it into a polyline (autocad let you do this) then it recognize the shape of your structure

hope this helps

regards

stefano

In fact, I could import a dxf file into momentum layout, like I draw a cpw structure with retangle commond. these retangles consists of closed line. Then I save it into a dxf format. Then I import it into momentum. I can see this cpw retangle solid pattern shown in the layout.

However, when I simulate the S parameter, the error mesage is " Mesher inpu does not contain any valid shapes"

Any suggestion to solve this?

Many thanks!

Hi,yzriver:

The error is probably caused by the mismatch between the layer where you metal is imported and the layer-mapping of the substrate.

Go to the layer editor and substrate editor to double check their mapping relationships.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thanks!

Yes, the layer import from dxf is needed to modified to the layer where the metal autually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back