Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement the Gamma Correction with RTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

womiga

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
implements gamma correction

How to implement the Gamma Correction with RTL?

I think it like entry generally combinational logic, but when I design this block, I put the gamma table on memory, and connect your un-correacted data on memory address bus, output data is gamma corrected data.

to implement it with a table, it's not easy
to change the correction point when needed, it's better to store the turn point and multiply it with different value if the
speed is allowed.

Hi,

implementing lookup tables for the purpose of gamma correction is quite straight forward with FPGA these days, LCD controllers I have used have tended to have a gamma lookup table to allow the user set the values.

Spit

looking the manual in synopsys

There is a very good example in inplemetation this using tricks, it is in the manual or example of Module Compiler

You can approximate whole chip resource and physical application on gamma correation...

Because our data bus width not more than 10 bits, generally. so we can get one smaller memory block. (i.e. at most 1024x10), but if we change design into multiplier and another circuit, please check the gate count and chip size, you can find out it's larger than you entry the same feature by memory.

When low-level/cost LCD T-CON, generally the data bus width about 6 to 8 bits, so only one small ROM / RAM (i.e. 64x6 to 256x8) is needed when you entry gamma correation frature.

Another word, if you want to modify gamma table,you only have to doing table-edit job!
:wink:

How to implement a programme gamma correction for different display device?

in contrast to lut, how about the interpolation between the turn point given, I think this will definitely save area,especially for high definition use,
for example 10bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back