Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement PCI-Express ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsi_whiz

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to implement the PCI-express functionality , like in PCI we had the Master/Target interface. In PCI-e however, the spec talks about PCI-e endpoints and switch fabric! How do I go about implementing PCI-e functionality ?? Any suggestions??

Some guides on Design of ETX and support relating to PCI-Express is available in the following link.

**broken link removed**

Good luck

Added after 2 minutes:

Also two books from intel on the subject are available.

This link is will take to the intel the books on design of PCI express

https://www.pciexpressdevnet.org/techbook.asp

Added after 13 minutes:

Also this doc helps u to understand how to dessign High bandwidth Interconnect using the Virtex-5 LXT PCIe Endpoint Block which is a configurable Single-chip Solution
**broken link removed**

Hi
First let me now ..what u want to implement .is than an endpoint/Root complex . u want to implement a BFM or RTL IP . I suggest u to read Mindshare and then start to implement . If u have any doubts feel free to ask .

the PCIE root complex is like a host bridge;
the PCIE endpoint is like a normal PCI device;
the PCIE switch is like a PCI to PCI bridge;
there are many similar concepts between PCI and PCIE. but PCIE uses packet for its transactio.

you can refer the book :
PCI Express System Architecture
By MindShare, Inc , Ravi Budruk, Don Anderson, Tom Shanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back