Not open for further replies.

spegoraro

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Firstly, thanks for all of the fantastic information on the site! I've been reading for some time.

I have just built myself the ICD2 Clone from this site and am curious as to how I will interface it to my PIC18F4550 in circuit.
I have already played with a USB bootloader based circuit but want to embed it now and have an ICSP header on board.

I'm aware that I can just hook up the pins from the header to the corresponding pins on the MCU but I would like to know how to provide isolation in order to use RB6/RB7, etc as I/O pins as well.
I have already read the Microchip TBO16 - How to Implement ICSP in PIC16F8X (I know it's not an 18F but had a go) but it doesn't say anything more useful than that isolation will be application specific.
I will mainly be dealing with TTL level IO and would love to be able to use those pins as a software UART.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ICSP Circuit Design

I am not a PIC expert, but I am not sure what the problem is. When you unplug the ICSP cable then the pins are disconnected and free to be used as normal I/O pins aren't they? I guess I am missing something. Maybe seeing your proposed circuit would help explain the problem.

Keith.

spegoraro

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: ICSP Circuit Design

Awesome! That's just what I needed thankyou!

Status
Not open for further replies.