Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement capacitive slider switch with a MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdFire

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Capacitive Slider Switch

Hi All,

My project requires a capacitive slider switch, anyone know how to implement this with a MCU? Currently my project is using PIC. Please advice. Thank you.

Regards

Re: Capacitive Slider Switch

hi..what's a capasitive slider switch? do tell..

What range of capacitance do you need?

qprox has such a QSLIDE™ TOUCH SLIDER
**broken link removed**
Maybe you can use it.

I've already worked with qprox and can say it's very tricky to solve all EMC problems (a slider is a long antenna). By a slider an other problem is what's to recognize when you press two finger on the slider?

Gomez

Hi All,

Thank you for the information. I am hoping to implement the capacitive slider switch using my current MCU which is a PIC. I am thinking to make the slider onto the PCB but I think this is very tricky, there will be noise and other issue. Not sure if anyone have any other way of implementing. Please help if anyone has. Thank you very much.

Regards

...read qprox application notes, they are using this kind of switches in noisly environments...
//a

Status
Not open for further replies.