Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to implement a resistor of value around 450M ohms on chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj jha

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
I want to how to implement a resistor of value around 450M ohms on chip. I am working on UMC 180nm technology.
Can anyone suggest me a simple MOS based circuit for the same?

Check first two papers and/or this book.

I'm already used them solution with some improvements in one chip, and I'm obtained resistance in order of TOhm

Dear Dominik,
I tried to implement the high value resistance using the circuit given in the paper ( "A Widely-Tunable and Ultra-Low-Power MOSFET-C Filter Operating in Subthreshold" , figure 3a)/ book. But I am unable to get a linear resistor.
Actually I plan to use the high value degeneration resistor to implement a OTA with high gm-vid linearity and high HD3 linearity. So need the resistor to be linear.
Can u plz send me the W/L ratios and the circuit scheme if u have already designed it.

Every MOS pseudo-resistor suffers for lack of linearity. In my circuit this resistor has zero dc current and operating only with signal and additionaly was conected between inputs of high gain OTA, so the voltage drop was always close to 0V.

If You need increase linearity of your OTA and your circuit works with very small current, probably You should to interest with bulk degenerated OTAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back