Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement a parametric equalizer design on an audio file in MATLAB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saatwik

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm fairly new to MATLAB, so please excuse me for any mistakes or ignorance.
I'm having to use the (very old) hpeq toolbox for this because we don't have the post 2006 variant of MATLAB in our college lab (which incorporates the parameq option in the FDATool).

With hpeq, what I have is:

[B,A,Bh,Ah] = hpeq(N,G0,G,GB,w0,Dw);

where
B and A are rows are the numerator and denominator 4th order section coefficients of the equalizer and Bh and Ah are the rows are the numerator and denominator 2nd order coefficients of the lowpass shelving filter.

I can use these to generate a graph for what response I'll get for different values of the parameters used in the function, but what I can't understand is how to apply these values on an audio file. I know that for, say, a Butterworth filter, this can be done by using filtfilt as:

fl = 200 / (fsample/2);
[b,a] = butter(10, fl, 'low');
sampleLow = filtfilt(b, a, sample);

but this isn't working with the hpeq function. What can I do?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back