Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement a 4 to 16 decoder using 2 to 4 decoder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayganesh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
4 16 decoder using 2 4 decoder

hi friends,
i need to implement a vhdl code for a 4 to 16 decoder using 2 to 4 decoder in xilinx.plz can any one help me with the details relating to it or forward links related to my requirement..
thanks in advance

4 to 16 decoder

It should be a logic looks like this right? hope this one helps

it uses 2*2-to-4 decoder and 16*AND

Reactions: bilgert

vijayganesh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

bilgert

4-16 decoder

childs said:
It should be a logic looks like this right? hope this one helps

it uses 2*2-to-4 decoder and 16*AND
Thanks a lot child.You deserved help points....Thanks

4 to 16 decoder using 2 to 4 decoders

Hi childs,
you started right using two 2to4 decoders and 16 standard and gates but it made
four output leds to glow simultaneously for one input data because of the short at the input lines.but i got the correct implementation by using five 2to4 decoders in which the four output lines of one decoder will be given as input to chip enable of the remaining four 2to4 decoders and the two input lines of the four 2to4 decoder will be shorted to have only a pair of input lines for the four 2to4 decoders and another
pair of input lines for the 2to4 decoder used for enabling the chip enble of the other four 2to4 decoders.your idea helped me a lot.
thanks again

Reactions: flake

flake

4 to 16 decoder using 2 to 4 decoder

Hi,
I would like to know the Fig. of 4x16 decoder using FIVE 2x4 Decoders.

Waiting for reply.....

Thanks

Re: How to implement a 4 to 16 decoder using 2 to 4 decoder

I was able to do it using 2 2-4 decoders and 16 AND gates. Please look at the bubbles at the output of the decoder to realise the use of the not's for positive logic.

[/url

Re: 4 to 16 decoder using 2 to 4 decoders

Hi childs,
you started right using two 2to4 decoders and 16 standard and gates but it made
four output leds to glow simultaneously for one input data because of the short at the input lines.but i got the correct implementation by using five 2to4 decoders in which the four output lines of one decoder will be given as input to chip enable of the remaining four 2to4 decoders and the two input lines of the four 2to4 decoder will be shorted to have only a pair of input lines for the four 2to4 decoders and another
pair of input lines for the 2to4 decoder used for enabling the chip enble of the other four 2to4 decoders.your idea helped me a lot.
thanks again

hey vijay,

i tried implementing a 4:16 decoder using five 2:4 decoder but still im getting four output lines going high for one combination of input! can you tell me what the possible problem could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back