Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to identify an infrared LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makri

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Infrared LED

Hello

I have purchased a pair of infrared sensor and LED, how can I Identify it

what is tsop1738 ?/ any circuit with tsop1738 available??

makri

Re: Infrared LED

Info on TSOP can be found at:
**broken link removed**

Also, see your other post on Fan - TV remote controller, TSOP sensor and PICAXE ..

Regards,
IanP

it,s simple to identify the led and the infrared, simply make a basic circuit with a resistance, a power source and the led, if it turns on and you can see it, it´s the led and if you can´t that´s the infrared(or maybe the led but it´s useless so throw it away).

you an identify an infrared photodiode or photo transistor using an ohmeter.
Check the resistance at dark and iluminated. Use an ordinary lamp very near. It might be necessary to try diferent ohmenter ranges.
The sensor will present a low resistance when lighted.

Infrared LED

go to datasheet.com you will find the answer.

Infrared LED

Hi makri,
You have infrared led and TSOP also.
Use 48KHz modulated signal as input your infra red led and check the output at TSOP1738.You can use signal generator to generate the 48 KHz required for testing.

You will now whether you have an infra red led or not.

From my experience i can tell you that usually infrared led casing is blue or dark blue to look
some infrared leds are transperant.

You can also use video camera in night vision mode and take the picture in dark room to find out whether diode you are using is infrared or not.

Hi
simply assume any of them as a transmitter and the aother as the receiver , then allow acurrent of 10 ma to flow in the assumed transmitter put the ohmm meter leads on the assumed receiver ( considering proper polarity ) while your system is connected put the assumed receiver near the assumed transmitter record the change in the ohmmeter reading, after that use the assumed transmitter as receiver and so for the assumed receiver and repeat the experiment record the second change in ohm meter reading the case of the highest change in ohm meter reading it is the correct designation i.e if you assumed a certain led as atransmitter its really the transmitter and the other led will be the receiver.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.