Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to help someone with computer remotely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I remember that once I saw someone using MSN messenger to help his friend remotely. The person was able to control the distant computer through internet. My cousin is very inexperienced with computers and often needs help even while installing programs. On different occasions I have tried to help her unsuccessfully over the phone. With the intention to help her, I downloaded MSN messenger so that I can use to remotely teach or help her but MSN doesn't have that feature now. Please note that I don't exactly remember even if it was really MSN messenger which I saw someone using or some other software but one thing is sure it was pretty easy to use. Just a matter few clicks. Do you know of any program/messenger which I can use to help her. The program should be simple so that we both can easily use it. I myself not very good at computer. Please help me if possible. Thank you.

Regards
PG

why post this in off topic? Moved to General Computer [alexan_e]

I use team viewer (free version) for helping my mother & father-in-law with their computers. It allows you to remotely take control of their computer - with their permission.

Keith.

Assuming you are using Windows, enable remote destop invitations on the computer you are connecting to and enable remote destop connection on your computer. If they tell you their IP address you can log in to their destop and take complete control over it. You see their screen and your mouse and keyboard work on their system.

Brian.

Thank you, Keith, thannarra, Brian.

I think I have found the right program. TeamViewer would do it.

Best wishes
PG

One other way - the latest Skype supports "Share screen" so the other side can see your desktop 1:1 in real time plus you can talk and PM in the same time. The disadvantage is that you need to instruct the operator on the other side what to do

If she isn't very technically savvy, then repeatedly trying to get her to use a screen sharing program is likely going to be awful. I recommend installing the free version of Logmein on her computer so you can remotely take control of the computer without her needing to do anything on her end.

www.logmein.com

Thank you for your recommendations.

I have used TeamViewer and it's a good.

Status
Not open for further replies.