Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to have a ground plane in 1 layer PCB in CADSTAR or freePCB or KiCAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai_chaitanya

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a total beginner to PCB design. I need to know how to fill up all the area of a single layer PCB with copper pour except that used for routing. I want to have a ground plane in the same plane in which components are routed coz its single layered. There is going to be only one ground plane. How do i do it in
  1. KiCad
  2. Zuken CADSTAR
  3. FreePCB
Help with any of the above. I have no previous experience so doesn't matter what i start with. Preferably with CADSTAR or freePCB

In CADSTAR:

The layer needs to be an electrical layer, draw a template around the board (either in Design Editor or PREditor) and in the template properties select the net the copper will be connected to. Use the help file to explain further info about the use of the template.

Then either in the Embedded Router or PREditor select the template and pour the copper.
(ER has an icon, PREd RMB and "repour).

If the pour does not look right select the template properties, adjust the settings and repour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back