Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to go to GUI mode when in shell(command line) mode in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyue

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc shell gui

how to jump to GUI mode when in shell(command line) mode in DC? or wake up the design vision in shell mode?

to my knowledge its not possible. i've tried to invoke GUI from lec's command prompt, that works, but to invoke design vision from dc_shell, i don't think its possible

Re: how to go to GUI mode when in shell(command line) mode i

Hi,

Try one of these :

set gui

or

set -gui

Yours,
Said.

bradyue said:
how to jump to GUI mode when in shell(command line) mode in DC? or wake up the design vision in shell mode?
generally with any tool in SYNOPSYS yu can simply type : gui_start it will direct you to the GUI mode. But Design Compiler is a special case, its GUI Mode is Design Vision, so the only one way ( from my opinion ) is : 1st quit (dc_shell)
2nd : invoke Design Vision. But surely your current data will not be transfer there.

There is no way to do it ... if you are half way ,you can save the ddc and read it in design_vision

-cheers
vlsi_eda_guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back