Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to give power to nokia 3310 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilele

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nokia 3310 bsi

nokia has 4 termials for battery connection
I have figured out that two are supply
and other two might be a thermistor or such which may be used for charging status.

Now my problem is I have 5V supply can I used a Voltage divider and provide nokia a supply. and what I have to do with other two pins.

if Any one has done this before plz help me on this.

I have searched on google and got these battery pinouts also

i think there is not much new to do , anyway u can try.

Added after 3 minutes:

you better leave the remaning pins as it is because the processor in the phone always checks for the battery status and if any problem occurs it will always prompt to shut down

it is a bit risky

Hi,
Follow the sketch attached, add one resistor 22k form BSI terminal to ground then you can press on the phone.
However, DC in should be 3.8V ~ 4.2V.

Please note that your terminals info with BSI and Batt Temp reversed.

I have sucessfully powered nokia by connecting 75K resistor from BSI pin GND pin and providing supply of 4.2V.
IF we donot connect this resistor the phone wont start.
and due to high current involved at startup the voltage drops so we have to keep voltage greater then 4.1V

can i ask what you have got on that expirement???
is that of much important??
coz ill try it...if it is...
thx

project was to send my electronic data to remote position through sms but i was going out for a week and there is no option for charging mobile battery. so i did this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back