Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to give input in binary switched capacitor array based VCO for coarse tuning in Cadence Virtuoso tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keshab_cob

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I am giving pulse input then in PSS analysis it is showing error (autonomous circuit cannot have periodic input ). If I am deselectinge oscillator option then circuit is simulating with a bad phase noise curve.
My question is in binary switched capacitor array VCO how to give binary input.? What source to be used for coarse tuning?

Waiting for your valuable reply..

Thanking you in advance

For oscillation option, the PSS needs only autonomous oscillation without forcing periodic inputs. You can use parametric sweep for one bit coarse (or fine). I do not know of vpwl can work with PSS or not but you can give it a try.
If you manage to have some ideal ADC (for example 4 bits) and the analogue range is 0-15, you can use parametric sweep to sweep the analogue input from 0-15 and then your binary code will have the required tuning code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back