Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the frequency of a recorded sound(wav) in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheemmzzyy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was given this assignment: to record my voice and add noise to it and to develop a filter to filter the noise and get back my signal
Have being able to mixed my voice with the noise, but my main problem is how to get the frequency of my sound to know my cut-off frequency.
Thanks

Please explain how that will help you if the noise is wide-band?

Have been able to use the fft of the mixed signal
But don't know what to do next. Need to know the next actions.

You sample your voice WITHOUT the noise to determine its spectrum, then create a filter that passes that frequency band.

If the noise is wideband you can obviously only reject the noise outside your band of interest. That will improve Signal-to-noise ratio, but won't totally eliminate noise.

@barry,
My main concern now is how to get the frequency of my voice
I have taken the fft of the voice signal and don't know the next step to be taken
Thanks

Your original post said that you needed to "develop a filter to filter the noise and get back my signal". If you've done the fft of your voice without noise you know the frequency range of your voice; now design a bandpass filter for that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back