Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the drillmarks visible on printed artwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pularn

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi how do i get the drillmarks (small holes in pads) to show on artwork when i print

Re: Manual drilling

hi
can i know which pcb designing software r u using?
in cadstar there will be drill report.i think in any pcb designing software, there will be drill report option.u can check for file-manufacturing export-drill report
(or) as u r looking for different layers, u can look for drill layout.
cheers
skr

Re: Manual drilling

You can export precise drill locattion by sending out the cnc drill file while generating gerber.
The CNC machine reads this drill file & drills precisely.

Manual drilling

Depending what software your using and depending if you want this for singl home prototypes or big batch manufactured boards.

If they are big batch by a manufacturer then you do not need to have the holes, a drill drawing and NC drill file is all that is needed.

For home use I usually stick the drill drawing on the board (through a light box to see) then drill it, then remove & clean off.

However, if your insisting on having the pads look like donoughts then change them to ba an "annulus" and define the inner hole size the same as your drill (or maybe a bit smaller).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back