Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get the current from the sensefet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanily1983

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sensefet

hi,guys
i am designing a SMPS and now encounter a problem. i want to get the Isense not the Vsense to process, so i can't using the Rsense. can someone give some advice about this?
another question: how to convert a voltage to a current linearly and the current can mirror to other citcuit block?
regards
wanily

I am trying to understand your question ...

Are you asking how you can directly sense a current in a branch without using a resistor to sense the voltage first and inferring the value of the current?

Sensing a large current value without a resistor in SMPS could be very expensive -- but I am not sure if this is what you want.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?

Best regards,
v_c

Maybe you want to mix the Vsense with the compensation ramp. In that case you do need to use the current instead of voltage. I think you could use a voltage buffer and a resistor to transfer the sensed voltage into current. Then it's easy to mirror it to other branches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back