Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the current and voltage on the microstrip in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectD

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current distribution in microstrip line -ieee

I want to find the scalar potential and current distributions on the microstrip line using commercial software like IE3D, can anyone help me? I need the distribution in data file form.

Re: How to get the current and voltage on the microstrip in

Hi, ProjectD: Please simulate your structure and enable saving current distribution data. If you are using the latest IE3D, you can enable near field calculation in the run time. Otherwise, please do the near field calculation while you are displaying the current distribution. On displaying current distribution, please select FILE->SAVE CURRENT DISTRIBTION FILE for the current distribution with the specified excitation in ASCII file. You can also display the near field as: Proces->Display 3D Near Field Distribution. In the dialog, you have the option to save the near field in ASCII file. Regards.

ProjectD

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi,jian

Thank you for your help! I have found Scalar Potential in Field Quantity,but there are two components :phi-h and phi-z,what do they stand for?

Hi, ProjectD: They are the same for uniform dielectrics. However, they are different for layered dielectrics. Basically, we can represent E as:

E = - j*omega*A - dPh/dx Unit_X_Vector - dPh/dy Unit_Y_Vector - dPz/dz Unit_Z_Vector. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back