Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the angle of reflected/refracted waves in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gakroon

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm using HFSS to model the optical behavior of structures, but I think this question applies to any electromagnetic wave.

How can I calculate the angle of reflected and/or refracted waves? I'm using floquet ports with normal incidence angle and want to know how the structure changes the angle of the incoming beams. I can only get total reflectance using S parameters, but I have no idea how to get the direction of that reflection.

Also when using oblique angles with master/slave ohase delay I want to know if the reflected beams change direction, but this is for a later stage.

I hope someone can help.

Solve the Unit Cell with the desired incidence angle. Then once solved, set up an array of, say 10x10, and plot the Bistatic RCS to see desired far field scatter pattern. I have done this many times for diffraction grating characterization and design.

have Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back