Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get started with CPLD/FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kieennx

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
This is not a new question but my experience about CPLD/FPGA is almost zero. All concepts and comments that you discuss here are very new for me. So can someone show me some ways to get closer? How can I start researching about CPLD/FPGA?
Thanks a lot.

Hello,

Go through good books on VHDL/Verilog programming first...then
study the FPGA Architecture details...

Here the couple of freely available tools to learn the same...
http://www.aldec.com/downloads/

Verilog Tutorial
Evita-Verilog is an interactive Verilog primer that provides a comprehensive overview of the Verilog language, complete reference guide, over 130 examples and a series of questions and answers at the end of each chapter.

VHDL Tutorial
Evita-VHDL is an interactive VHDL primer that provides a comprehensive overview of the VHDL language, complete reference guide, over 150 examples and a series of questions and answers at the end of each chapter.

and
http://www.xilinx.com/

---manju---

kieennx

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you had better make a pcb .then study and download example provided by Xilinx

Buy the "High Volume Starter Kit Bundle" from Xilinx for only $99 US. It includes an FPGA board, a CPLD board, cables, manuals, and a CD full of development tools. Try some of the example projects.
**broken link removed**

start with examples in vhdl or verilog and simulate it and then go for cpld/fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back