Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get started with ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rujchai ung

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rujchai

Could anyone please help me? I really want to know and learn. :oops:

What do u want in ARM? Hardware or Software?
Vist www.arm.com site , download some materials. Let me know in specific from u.
Regards
Poli Kitti

Look topics:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Anything special if u need U can ask me..I know ARM very well.
Regards
Poli Kitti

Poli Kitti:

I want either hardware or software.

For hardware, I'm looking for a cheap starter kit board come with developing software tool so that I can play around with the ARM, just like what we can do with STK500 for AVRs from Atmel.

For software, I'm looking for an IDE for ARM which I can practice on coding, simulating and debugging.

rujchai ung said:
Poli Kitti:

For hardware, I'm looking for a cheap starter kit board come with developing software tool so that I can play around with the ARM, just like what we can do with STK500 for AVRs from Atmel.

For software, I'm looking for an IDE for ARM which I can practice on coding, simulating and debugging.

Atmel ARM not the same as Atmel AVR !!!

rujchai ung said:
Poli Kitti:

This Hardware is big circuit..U need to comunicate with me saparatelly..U can reach me at navya_prakash@yahoo.com ,
regards
Poli Kitti

U are interested in ARM7 or ARM9 or ARM11?? Let me know ur coments
Regards
Poli Kitty

You could use a gameboy advance too! :eek:

the core system of the gba is an arm7tdmi
so, if you get :

- a gameboy advance
- flash kit
- flash card ( https://www.gbax.com/ for example )

you could get a complete starter kit with color lcd screen, sound, joystick, etc...

the GBA can use arm compilers, gcc compiler, etc.. >> www.ngine.de

if you need more info : www.gbadev.org

hope it helps! :)

rujchai ung said:

You may consider Evaluator-7T from ARM, this is a low-cost evaluation platform. For development environment you may consider using gcc tools or you may try out the eval ver from ARM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back