Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get placement files of mentor expedition into allegro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapport

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have imported IDF file of Mentor Expedition PCB into Allegro. The imported file has only mechanical information like mounting holes, board outline, keepout. I need the placement files also to be imported into Allegro. But it shows warning. How to import the IDF files into Allegro successfully?

mentor expedition

how do creation for components

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

and netlist creation plz get me snap shot

Re: mentor expedition

I cant understand what you are asking. Tell me clearly what is your need?

hi all
how do creation footprint in expedition tool?

I dont know how you exported IDF from Mentor. I know the Allegro. while exporting there is a popup window in which you have to select default package height, version, and filter(it excludes the selected items like route keepout,via keepout, pins,vias, board outline, route outline etc). Generally, we uncheck board outline and placed component for mechanical verification.
If mentor has such option then uncheck/deselect items you want to export. IDF file genrates with BDF file.
while importing in allegro, you need to brose this bdf file. this contains all information of symbol package, height and dimension.

Hope this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back