Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get CPW's reactive impedance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jianqiuzuo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I have a question soliciting your answer.

I am designing a coplanar waveguide to match the 50 ohm from microwave source. Hence the slot width, thickness etc factors have to be considered to ensure the 50ohm. According to the maximum power transfer theorem, the two impedances should be conjugate. The difficulty lies in the TXline only gives out the resistance instead of reactance when I design my substrate. I don't know why they do that?

The imaginary part is negligible? or the lossless CPW be assumed? or it's Achilles heel of the software?

And why generally microwave source only tell us the impedacne in resistance format?

Many thanks due to you

JQ

in design of antenna we attempt to decrease VSWR or return loss and determinate
the component of Z-matrix is not very important albeit it is better we decrease the reactance of antenna .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back