Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get course code from a hex file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator Electricity

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi , I have a full project with a hex file ,,,,only a hex file ,,, but i want to slightly modify the project ,,,,, how could I do that ? how could I get the source code from that hex file ?

plz I really need help in this

To convert a hex file back into source code you need to use a disassembler program for the specific processor used in your project.

Converting from hex to source is not easy and not accurate. Converting to assembly source is relatively easy but to convert to a higher level language is even more difficult. Also keep in mind that you can never recover the remarks etc. High level laguages also use optimizations which make it even more difficult to recover any source code.

"Converting from hex to source is not easy and not accurate. Converting to assembly source is relatively easy but to convert to a higher level language is even more difficult. Also keep in mind that you can never recover the remarks etc. High level laguages also use optimizations which make it even more difficult to recover any source code."

bummer ,, , I am very sorry to hear that

Added after 22 minutes:

I have this very interesting project , about an sms controlled system ,,,,

I want to understand it then be able to modify it ,,,,

If anyone can help me get its source code , or anyone have a similar project with a complete source code , plz tell me about it cuz I desprately need it

I have this very interesting project , about an sms controlled system ,,,,

I want to understand it then be able to modify it ,,,,

If anyone can help me get its source code , or anyone have a similar project with a complete source code , plz tell me about it cuz I desprately need it

another link :

**broken link removed**

and thanks in advance for everyone who would help ,,, and i am willing to give anything i can do in return

My advice: Dont try to reverse-engineer the code. Try to write your own code. It might take longer but you will be able to understand better.

"My advice: Dont try to reverse-engineer the code. Try to write your own code. It might take longer but you will be able to understand better."

I am a complete beginer in the AVR

Is there any similar reference projects I can use if i would write my own code ? (in C language)

There are many examples although it might be difficult to find the exact project. You can begin by making the PCB and then trying to communicate in C via serial port using AT commands. Once you do that, the rest should be quite good fun.

"then trying to communicate in C via serial port using AT commands"

could you explain this to me more plz

thanks

Well, all communications to the phone are done via serial port, using AT commands. When you send a command to the phone, the phone sends a reply. What I mean is that you should first get this communication going. There are many examples to do that in C. I have not used the AVR but I find that there are many resources avaialable.

pic examples or resourses about this communication is very welcomed ,,, do you know where I can find any ?

Microchip has loads of application notes. I am sure you would find many on serial communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back