Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get 0.3V DC power from 3.3V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sita

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

In my power supply deisgn section, I need a 0.1V DC power from 3.3V. Is there any way out?

Suppose if there's no way to get 0.1V. Is there any way to produce 03V from 3.3V?

Regards,
sita

Added after 1 minutes:

sorry, I need 0.3V from 3.3V

Please do suggest any other methods other than Voltage divider

Re: Need a 0.1V

Some schottky diodes have forward voltage around 0.3V. You may have to select one that matches exactly 0.3V.

Thanks friend.

I have chosen OA79 which provides 0.47V and changed design slightly. There was some time limitations and I doubt whether Schottky diodes will be available in local stores!

But please do inform me if there's such a kind

Regards,
sita

But please do inform me if there's such a kind

Try the very common 1N5817 to 1N5819 series schottky diodes. They present maximum forward voltage of 0.34V at 0.1 A forward current. Typical curve present 0.3V @ 0.15A

Connect a 20 ohm resistor in series with the diode and a 3.3V voltage source. The forward voltage should be around 0.3V over the diode.

(3.3 - 0.3)V / 0.15 A = 20 ohm

Cause you didn't tell any requirements, it's impossible to give an exact suggestion. For reference voltage, I would used a divider with a buffer. For power supply, an usual adjustable regulator with additional circuitry to lower the output voltage could be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.