Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate the Auto shape for composite layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

soodamanikannan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Allegro 15.2V

For composite design.I made a composite layers using anti ETCH layer.

Example :-Internal layer A as composite, I gave the coressponding AntiEtch layer respective traces clearence.I follwed mentioned method for designs.

But recently i viewed one document We can generate the auto shapes for composite layers. Using net properties. I set the net propertites( clearences for other nets) for GROUND NET and place the shapes but its not work properlly.

Any body can give the gudience please.

Thanks in advance.

By composite layer do you mean a positive and a negative layer combined to give a track layer with copper pour?

I would reccomend doing the layer as a positive layer, and use templates and copper pours to create the desired result. That way the copper when poured will obey your copper to track/Pad clearances.

I would reccomend doing the layer as a positive layer, and use templates and copper pours to create the desired result. That way the copper when poured will obey your copper to track/Pad clearances.

HI marce,

ould you please explain about templates?

Thanks you.

I'm not very up to date with allegro, had a go and believe you use add shape, to create an area in which to pour the copper. Sorry I cant be more specific, I had a go this morning but its nearly three years since I used it (Allegro) in anger and I have forgotton a lot of the way it works.
I will have another go and see if I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back